Citizenship & Leadership Training Centre (CLTC)
The Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre is a Parastatal of the Federal Republic of Nigeria currently supervised by the Federal Ministry of Youths. It is principally a human development outfit established for the training and moulding of Nigeria citizenry to become responsible and respectable citizens and leaders.
The Centre is apparently the only informal educational institution in Nigeria that executives experiential and Outward Bound education.
The Centre was established in 1951 and given a legal status by an Act of
Parliament published in the Extraordinary Gazette No. 45 of August 10, 1960.
The Act has been modified by Decree No. 38 of December, 1989 which is currently undergoing Amendment at the National Assembly.
The Training Schools
The Centre has eleven Training Schools The Schools are:
- Sea School, Apapa, Lagos State
- Mountain School, Shere Hills, Jos
- Forest School Aluu, Portharcourt, Rivers State.
- Hill-Top School, Ngwo, Enugu State
- Women School, Otu-Jeremi, Delta State
- Desert School, Fika, Yobe State
- Savannah School, Kudan, Kaduna State.
- Sahel School, Kukai, Kastina
- Valley School, Owode, Ogun State
- Mobile School, Abuja
- On-Line School (Cltc Academy), Abuja
Citizenship & Leadership Training Centre at a Glance
Established in 1951 and given status by an Act of Parliament published in the ex-ordinary Gazette No 45 of August 10, 1960. The Act has been modified by Decree N0. 38 of December, 1989 which is currently undergoing the process of Amendment at the National Assembly
- To provide training for the development of Citizenship and leadership for public benefit.
- . To Establish Man O’ War Clubs and Commands and formulate policy guidelines for running the Clubs and Commands.
- . To encourage and provide for research at the Centre.
To be a world class provider of quality training that will empower Nigerians for good Citizenship and responsible leadership.
Providing a sustainable framework for Citizenship and Leadership Training and Value Re-orientation through experiential education and the use of Challenging natural environmental for the benefit of all Nigerians‟
- . Provide Training for the development of Citizenship and Leadership for public benefit.
- . Enhance and expand individual awareness.
- . Inculcate in the individual qualities of self-discipline, self-reliance and selfless service.
- . Development of National consciousness and international understanding and
- . Seeking to engineer a general re-orientation of values.